- January: Our paper published in Journal of Computational Physics has been identified as one of the Most Cited Journal of Computational Physics Articles (see paper from the journal). Here is the screen snapshot:
- December: Dr Tian was awarded UNSW Canberra Silverstar Award. Zhengliang's paper was published by Physics of Fluids and collected in Editor's Picks (see paper from the journal). Here is the screen snapshot:
- September: Our recent paper published on Journal of Computational Physics is listed as one of the Most Downloaded Papers in Last 90 Days on the journal website (see paper from the journal). Here is the screen snapshot:
- August: Mr Mudassir Ahmed joined us as a PhD student working on aerodynamics of flapping foils.
- July: Dr Fang-Bao Tian was promoted to Senior Lectuer; Dr Li WANG joined us again, as a Research Associate.
- June: A paper entitled "An immersed boundary method for fluid-structure interaction with compressible multiphase flows" and authored by Wang, Currao, Han, Neely, Young & Tian was published by the Journal of Computational Physics (see paper from the journal); Our paper entitled "Refuging rainbow trout selectively exploit flows behind tandem cylinders" and authored by Stewart, Tian, Akanyeti, Walker & Liao, published by the Journal of Experimental Biology (see paper from the journal), was selected into JEB Subject collection: Comparative biomechanics of movement.
- March: Qiuxiang anf Yi arrived in Canberra, and officially joined us as PhD students.
- February: The School offered us an internal grant to support a two-year postdoc.
- January: Our work published in Journal of Fluids and Structures was awarded Highly Cited Research. It is one of the 5 most highly cited papers published in Journal of Fluids and Structures. Here is the screen snapshot: