- Feb: A/Prof Tian was appointed as Deputy Head of School - Research of SEIT, UNSW Canberra. The role will commence in July 2023.
- Oct: Our paper has been listed as No.1 of most cited articles published in Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science in the last 3 year (see paper from the journal).
- Jun: Dr Tian was invited to be an Associate Editor of Journal of Fluids and Structures. Xueyu has submitted his PhD thesis - A fantastic achievement for him. Dr Tian was selected as one member of UNSW Canberra Higher Degree Research Committee. This is a two-year service role.
- April: Dr Tian was appointed as an Interim Postgraduate Coordinator of SEIT, UNSW Canberra from April to Jan 2023.
- Mar: The SMC Camberra chapter was awarded the IEEE Outstanding SMCS Chapter Award, which was chaired by A/Prof Fang-Bao Tian, Dr Huadong Mo and A/Prof Daoyi Dong. This is an excellent achievement by the cohesive work of IEEE ACT Section.
- Jan: Dr Tian was promoted to Associate Professor.
- Dec: Dr Fang-Bao Tian was awarded Outstanding Volunteer Award by IEEE ACT Section.
- Sept: AIS aproved a further support of $120k to develop fluid dynamics solver for sport-related complex flows.
- May: Our paper published in Inst. Mech. Eng. C J. Mech. Eng. Sci. has been identified as one of the Most Cited Articles (see paper from the journal). Here is the screen snapshot:
- May: Three gentes, Nathan Widdup, Mohammed Fouad Kamel Ibrahim and Ramyar Rahimi, joined us as PhD candidates. They will work on FSI topics by using IBM.
- Feb: We announced our output of AIS project: SuperSportFlow, which is a novel CFD software for modelling sport-related flows.